General Hindi is a qualifying paper. You need to obtain 30% to pass the Hindi paper. It is not added to prepare the merit list.
General studies papers I and paper II will cover the following areas of knowledge:
1.GENERAL STUDIES PAPER- I- 300 mark
- Modern History of India and Indian culture.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams.
Modern History of India and Indian Culture
- It will cover the broad history of the country (with special reference to Bihar) from about the middle of the nineteenth century.
- It would also include questions on Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru.
The modern history of Bihar
- It will include questions on the introduction and expansion of western education (including technical education).
- It will also have questions on Bihar’s role in the freedom struggle of India.
- Questions will relate to the Santhal Uprising, 1857 in Bihar, Birsa movement, Champaran Satyagraha and the Quit India Movement 1942.
- A knowledge of the chief features of Mauryan and Pal art and Patna Qulam painting will be expected from the examinees.
Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams
- It will include exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in the statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies therein.
2. GENERAL STUDIES PAPER-II – 300 mark
It will include questions on the political system in India including Bihar.
Indian economy and Geography of India
The questions will be put on planning in India and the physical, economic and social geography of India and Bihar.
The role and impact of science and technology in the development of India
The questions will be asked to test the candidate’s awareness of the role and impact of science and technology in India and Bihar Emphasis will be on applied aspects.
3. Optional Paper- only one optional paper of 300 mark
- ANIMAL HUSBANDRY AND VETERINARY SCIENCE
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMMERCE AND ACCOUNTANCY
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- LABOUR AND SOCIAL WELFARE
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE & LITERATURE
- HINDI LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
- URDU LANGUAGE & LITERATURE
- BENGALI LANGUAGE & LITERATURE
- SANSKRIT LANGUAGE & LITERATURE
- PERSIAN LANGUAGE & LITERATURE
- ARABIC LANGUAGE & LITERATURE
- PALI LANGUAGE & LITERATURE
- MAITHILI LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
4. Interview- 120 marks