BPSC General Studies Previous Year Questions:
History: (Previous Year Questions)
Art and Culture- Mauryan Art, Pala Art and Patna Kalam Painting
- Bring out the salient features of the Patna Kalam Paintings.
- Discuss the salient features of Mauryan Art.
- Discuss the salient features of Patna Kalam painting style.
- Analyse the salient features of Mauryan art and architecture.
- Describe the salient features of Pala architecture and sculpture.
- Discuss the chief characteristics of the Patna kalam painting.
- Critically examine the chief characteristics of Mauryan Art.
- Critically examine the salient features of Pala art.
- Identify the main features of the Mauryan Art as found from Bihar.
- Give a description of the main features of Pala Art in Bihar.
- What are the distinctive features of Mauryan Sculpture?
- Write an essay on the art and paintings of Bihar.
Tribal Movement in Bihar- Santhal Uprising and Birsa Movement
- Discuss the main causes of the Santhal Uprising. What were its consequences?
- “The underlying object of Birsa Movement was internal purification and desire to remove the alien government”. Explain.
- Discuss the causes and results of the revolt of Santhals (1855-56) in Bihar.
- “Santhal Uprising provides a model of popular armed resistance against British colonialism in India”. Explain.
- “Birsa provided a new religious leadership to the tribal struggles against the British”. Explain.
- ‘The Santhal Uprising was the first fierce reaction of the tribals against
British colonial rule in India’. Elucidate.
- Write a critique of the Birsa Movement with special reference to its nature and the lesson it left on tribal administration.
- Briefly examine the tribal movements of Bihar with special reference to the Birsa movement.
- Critically examine the significance of the Revolt of 1857 with special reference to Bihar.
- Critically examine the role of Kunwar Singh in the revolt of 1857.
- Discuss the causes of the Outbreak of the revolt of 1857 in Bihar and account for its failure?
- Evaluate the role of Kunwar Singh in the revolt of 1857.
- “It is difficult to avoid the conclusion that the so-called first national war of independence of 1857 is neither first, nor national, nor a war of independence”. Comment.
Partition of Bengal
- How did the partition of Bengal influence the course of India’s freedom struggles? Discuss.
- What was the significance of Champaran Satyagraha for Peasant Uprising?
- Do you agree with the view that the Champaran satyagraha struggle in India?
- The Champaran Satyagraha is an important milestone in the history of freedom movement of India. Elucidate.
- Discuss the present movement of Bihar in general and the intervention of Gandhiji particularly in the Champaran Movement.
RabindraNath Tagore, Pandit Nehru and Gandhiji
- Define Nationalism. How was it addressed by Rabindranath Tagore
- Discuss the relevance of Nehru in the making of modern India.
- Describe the social and cultural significance if the ideas of Rabindranath Tagore.
- Analyse the role of Gandhiji in the Mass Movement of Bihar.
- Critically evaluate the views of Gandhi on “Varna-Jati” system. Were they compatible with his activism against untouchability?
- What message did Gandhiji seek to convey through his insistence on Swadeshi?
- Describe the role of Rabindranath Tagore in the Indian national movement. How was it different from Congress.
Civil Disobedience Movement
- Assess the role of different social classes of Bihar in the civil disobedience movement.
- Desire the contribution of Bihar in the individual satyagraha of 1940-41.
Quit India Movement
- Describe the contribution of Bihar to the Quit India movement of 1942.
- Throw light on the septation of Bihar from Bengal and the rise of modern Bihar.
- Analyse the nature and extent of quit India movement with special reference to Bihar.
- Write a critical note on peasant movements in Bihar with special reference Swami Sahajanand Saraswati.
- Discuss the impact of the Quit India Movement on Bihar.
- What role did the ‘Azad Dasta’ play in Bihar during the Quit India movement?
Education and Press in Bihar
- Describe the development of technical education in Bihar during the period of your study.
- Describe the growth of education and press in modern Bihar and also describe the role of education and press on National movement.
- Give a critical account of the development of western education in Bihar during British rule.
- Trace the course of western education in Bihar from 1990 to 1947 with particular reference to technical education.
- Critically discuss the role played by western technical education in the economy of Bihar.
Socio-Economic Condition of Bihar
- What change was brought about in the socio-economic scenario of Bihar during the British rule?